The purpose of this Website is to provide information on us, and our products and services, and to provide links to the Essilor group’s various websites.
All materials contained on this Website, including data, brands, patents, logos as well as any other information available on or through this Website (the “Contents”), are owned by us, licensed to us and protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
3. Restrictions on Use
This Website is an intellectual work protected by intellectual property legislation. Unless stated otherwise, the intellectual property rights attaching to the documents contained in the Website and all Contents are our sole and exclusive property.
This Website respects authors' rights. All rights of authors of protected works reproduced and conveyed on this Website are reserved. You shall keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices relating to the Contents.
You may not:
- Modify, copy, reproduce, reuse, transmit, transfer, distribute adapt, publish, sell, frame, post, upload, modify, broadcast or distribute any of the Contents on the Website for any public or commercial purpose whatsoever, without our prior written permission. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting any license or rights to distribute any content on the Website.
- Use any third parties’ likenesses, names, and/or properties without their express written permission.
- Send any material to the Website that is unlawful, harmful (including any virus), threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent or profane or that could constitute or encourage a violation of any applicable law.
We reserve the right to review, edit or delete materials you or others send to the Website at our absolute discretion, as well as cancel any registration(s) or account(s) on this Website at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including if technical problems, irregularities or misuse occurs, and we shall not be liable to you for such cancellation.
We also reserve the right to restrict or prohibit access to certain areas of the Website, or indeed this entire Website, at our absolute discretion, and whether through the use of a UserID and/or password or otherwise. If we provide you with a UserID and/or password, or any other tools that enable access to restricted areas of this Website or other content or services, you must ensure that the UserID and/or password, or such other tools enabling access are kept confidential.
4. Ownership and Protection of Intellectual Property
All rights, title and interest in the Contents and more generally, the Website, are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us, which grants you no license or right other than that enabling access to the Website. The brands, patents, logs and other assets covered by intellectual property rights and mentioned on the Website are either our property or permission has been granted for their use. No right or licence can be granted for the aforementioned elements without our prior written agreement or the prior written agreement of third parties holding the relevant rights.
You must only send material to the Website if you are the original author of the material or otherwise have the necessary rights to use such material.
The Contents on this Website are provided “as is” and are of a general nature, and are not to be relied upon by you, unless otherwise agreed to by us in writing.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, expressed or implied, in relation to the Contents of this Website (or any omissions thereto), to you or any third party, whether arising from usage, custom, trade or by operation of law or otherwise, including but not limited to any representations or warranties:
- as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, reliability, currency, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Website;
- that the Contents available through this Website or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code or program.
We shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused, including but not limited to any special or consequential damages, loss of income, revenue or profits, lost or damaged data, or damage to your computer, software or any other property, whether arising directly or indirectly from:
- your access or inability to access and your use or inability to use this Website;
- any imprecision, inaccuracy or omission affecting the Contents made available on this Website;
- any delay or interruption in the transmission of the Contents of this Website, whether caused by delay or interruption in transmission over the Internet or otherwise; or
- any prejudice caused by the illicit intrusion of any third party, including when it could lead to modification of the Contents.
By using this Website, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our related parties harmless, from any and all damages, costs and expenses including legal fees and costs arising from your use of this Website, including any of the following grounds:
- any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights, libel, defamation relating to any materials you send to the Website;
- any activity relating to your internet account, including negligent or wrongful conduct by you or anyone else using the Website through your internet account;
- • any breach of any provision of these terms and any other matters regarding the use of this Website by you or anyone else.
You agree to use your best endeavours to cooperate with us in the defence of any such matter. We reserve the right, at your sole cost and expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
7. Other websites and hyperlinks
This Website contains hyperlinks to other websites, provided as a convenience to you as a User of this Website.
Such hyperlinks are not owned, maintained or controlled by us and the inclusion of hyperlinks on this Website does not imply endorsement by us of any third party website.
The use of hyperlinks and access to third party websites are solely and entirely at your own risk and we shall not be responsible for the contents, products, services or privacy policies relating to such third party website, as well as for any damages or loss arising from the access to those third party websites.
It is up to the User to independently assess the authenticity of any hyperlink and/or third party website (including those linked to through an email).
Internet users accessing the Website from locations other than in Singapore must ensure that they are complying with locally applicable laws.
If for any reason, any provision herein is found void or unenforceable, it will be severed to the extent void or unenforceable and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
You are encouraged to visit the Website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies.